Benicarló Town Music Association:
The Music Band began at the beginning of the 1840’s. Currently there are 115 musicians. The band performs in town regularly, so to find out when they are playing you should check out the agenda, however there are some traditional concerts which are on the Benicarló cultural agenda:
- 15-19 March: Benicarló in Fallas, Offering of flowers to Our Lady of the Sea.
- Palm Sunday: traditional concert from the Youth band in Pl. Sant Joan.
- Palm Sunday: procession taking the Cristo del Mar statue.
- Easter week: Easter Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday processions.
- June: Audicions de l’escola i rua musical pels carrers del centre.
- July: Youth Band concert: open air dance at the Town Hall Square.
- July: Music concert at the cinema in Sant Bartomeu Square.
- Patron Saint Festival: 23 August traditional Serenade to Saint Bartolomé in Sant Bartomeu Square.
- Patron Saint Festival: 24 August. Town Patron Saints Procession.
- November: Santa Cecilia concert and celebration.
- December: ‘Exaltation’ of Benicarló Falleras Mayores.
- December: Performance in the play ‘L’estel del Collet’, Christmas in Benicarló.